Commit to reducing Musculoskeletal Disorders 25% by 2025
The Kinetic team is on a mission to create a safer workplace and better life for workers on the industrial frontlines. We want our delivery drivers, warehouse workers, healthcare providers, and all the many faces of the industrial workforce to be injury-free so they can stay safe and feel good on and beyond the job site. In fact, we have a goal to eliminate one million injuries for the industrial workforce in 10 years!
As part of this mission, we have joined the National Safety Council (NSC) and more than a dozen leading U.S. employers in signing the MSD Pledge to address musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). MSDs are the most common workplace safety injury, costing employers billions every year in worker compensation, lost productivity, and absenteeism.
Musculoskeletal Disorders by the Numbers
#1 Cause of Injury
- According to the NSC Injury Facts, 247,620 MSD injuries were severe enough to require days away from work in 2020 alone.
- The median absence period from these injuries was 14 days.
#1 Cause of Disability
- The World Health Organization reports that MSDs are the leading cause of disability worldwide.
- Approximately 1.7 billion people have musculoskeletal conditions across the globe.
Billions of Dollars Lost
- According to Liberty Mutual’s 2021 Workplace Safety Index, MSD injuries cost U.S. employers billions each year in worker compensation, lost productivity, and absenteeism.
- Overexertion injuries, such as lifting, pushing, or carrying heavy boxes, are the most expensive injury at $13.3 billion per year.
- Injuries from awkward postures total $4.71 billion, while injuries from repetitive motions cost $1.66 billion.
Source: National Safety Council
Take the Pledge
The MSD Pledge represents a first-of-its-kind commitment from employers to identify and reduce MSDs across workplaces worldwide by 25% by 2025. It commits companies to a standard for MSD prevention and helps organizations embrace and innovate MSD solutions, educate employees and employers about injury prevention and risk reduction, and share best practices globally.
We invite and encourage our customers and clients to join us in pledging to:
- Reduce risks by analyzing the causes of MSD injuries across operations and investing in solutions and practices that reduce risks to workers.
- Innovate and collaborate by leveraging best practices and sharing learnings and countermeasures to expand upon innovations to improve safety practices.
- Build an organizational culture that values safety by promoting a workplace where safety excellence, transparency, and accurate reporting are equally valued and where everyone, at every level of the organization, is accountable for the safety and health of workers.
- Commit to a significant reduction of MSD injuries by creating safer outcomes for millions of workers worldwide and reducing MSD risk and subsequent injuries by 25% by 2025.
We hope you’ll become part of the growing movement of employers and innovators committed to reducing MSD risks and creating safer workplace environments, enhancing the physical and psychological wellbeing of workers, and saving costs on workers’ compensation, disability, and absenteeism.
To learn more about the MSD Pledge, visit https://www.nsc.org/workplace/safety-topics/msd.